Sunday, March 2, 2008

Cinderella Ballet

Me: "Fuzz, what was your FAVORITE part of the Ballet?"

Fuzz: "I liked the part where Cinderella had on the sparkely yellow dress."

Me: "You mean, you like the Ball scene?"

Fuzz: "Yes, it was my favorite, they were beautiful dancers, Mama, and they did Jete's."

Me: "I liked that part too, Fuzz. So, Curly Top, what was YOUR FAVORITE part of the ballet."

CT: "I liked EVERY PART, will you take me again soon?!"

So, all in all, the ballet was good. We were supposed to arrive 40 minutes before curtain, and we did...which was terrible because the girls were so excited to see the ballet that 40 minutes was more like 40 years for them. When intermission came, CT was concerned that we were leaving and begged me to stay, I had to explain how intermission worked. Fuzz started feeling bad during the first Act...a little whiney...but she was a trooper, and when the the Second Act started with the royal ball, things got better for her. Curly Top sat as still and quiet as a church mouse for most of the show, except a few gasps here and there, and the smack smack smack of her little hands clapping with the rest of the audience. She was in heaven tonight. I love to see their little faces light up with that kind of excitement, and awe. Makes all the days that they are a pain in the nether reigons a little more bareable.

Mountain Man is doing well. He is in an OSHA class this week to become the "Safety Officer" for his squadron... 6 months to go...
Love to all

1 comment:

tdaniels said...

I bet you had just as much fun as the girls did! Great to hear that MM is doing well, I try to read your blog on a daily basis. When you have small children as you know it's hard to doing anything else. I can check this while I'm at work. Give the girls big hugs and we love ya.
Tammy, Don & Kaley