Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daddy's Baby Girls

I'm a Marine's baby girl and I'll always be
Giving up precious time so we can all be free
He doesn't make a killin' but he still buys me nice things
I am the baby girl of a United States Marine.

Even before that day I was born
My Daddy has worn that elite uniform
Khaki and green with dog tags to wear
No matter what, I know my Daddy will always be there.

When he returns from work I nestle in his arms
Protecting me from the surrounding world and any type of harm
He might look scary and sometimes even mean
But here's a little secret, he's a softy for his baby girl that Big Tough Marine.

I wear my pink and yellow as Daddy wears his Blues
Daddy and I snuggle on the couch and we love to snooze
Ribbons in my hair and medals on his chest
You can keep your famous dads, my Daddy is the best!

Marines have fought in many wars and stepped on foreign lands
My Daddy has held deadly weapons and now he holds my little hands
Reading me many stories upon his lap I've sat
I love it when people call me U.S.M.C. brat.

My Daddy goes away so yours can stay at home
Sometimes there are weeks when Mama and I sleep alone
But my Daddy always comes back and we tell him the things he missed
Then he hugs Mama and gives me a giant kiss.

I am the Cadence to which my Daddy's heart beats
With the rank on his collar and the boots on his feet
Just taking one look at my big, blue eyes
You'll know why my Daddy is Always Faithful, Semper Fi.

You may call him Leatherneck, Jarhead, Devil-dog
Or many other things
But I just call him Daddy
Cause that's what he'll always be to me.

1 comment:

Mistilee said...

This is beautiful. Did you do this? It was so good to talk to you last night. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you all right now. I know it won't truely get easier, but I pray taht you all find a peace while Terry is away. I will talk to you later in the week.